Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christmas is Coming!

Pin It


I've never been a fan of artificial trees. I'm guessing it's a residual feeling that comes from growing up in a family who left the tree up through January. It's much more fun to put up than take down!
If it wasn't such a great deal I might have walked by, but I walked into Home Depot right in the middle of the Martha Stewart tree event and the great door buster price, combined with three out of five of us having horrible hay fever, I decided to stop and take a look.

Fake trees have come a long way in the past few seasons and Martha Stewart is a GENIUS.
This artificial tree is pre-lit with bulbs that switch from white to colored at the touch of a button. Who knew this even existed?

So here's my tree. I used string after string of capiz shell garlands, giant capiz shells, starfish clusters and aqua glittered starfish, then I wrapped the whole thing with rolls of soft wide burlap ribbon. The wash tub that we normally use for the kids shoes made a great tree stand!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful. Love the Coastal look. I came from The 1929 Charmer party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tree. Love the tub you've placed it in.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from Make It Pretty Monday.

    This is SO pretty! My Mom made me a little tabletop "sea-tree" years ago, but I'm afraid it need a little TLC at this point. Your tree has given me the inspiration to make it better!

    Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo pretty! Love the capiz shells and starfish! I am a big fan if fake trees because I can do the whole set up and break down by myself :)

    ReplyDelete