Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Decor

Pin It


We're traveling for Christmas this year so I'm keeping it simple, knowing full well that I'm not going to want to return home just to have to box up the house and toss the dead greens.

I'm using what I have around the house and adding just a few things for fun and sparkle.
I wish I could say we had a live tree and wreath this year, but the truth is they usually wind up dead before New Years' with the only healthy plants left being poinsettias. I can't throw away a live plant so they grace our home until Easter when I beg my husband to do the dirty work and toss them.

Which brings me to our pumpkins. It has been unseasonably warm so carving them would have turned them immediately into soup, thus the decision was made to leave them intact. My plan worked out so well that here they are still here, firm and healthy, mocking me, 16 days before Christmas.



Here are a few other Christmas photos. 




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love to hang these coral and shell ornament for my Christmas....Last year I do nativity theme and now I will go for seashore theme. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed viewing your wonderful decorations. Beautifully presented. The pumpkin idea is excellent. TFS. I am now a follower of your Pinterest and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete