Sunday, May 20, 2012

Turquoise

Pin It
I love turquoise. I especially love turquoise and gold. Turquoise reminds me of summer, of sparkling water, of vacations, of Elizabeth Taylor (must be the Cleopatra connection). I can't think of anyone or anything that doesn't look good in turquoise. I can't be alone in my love of turquoise...just ask Tiffany's.

Check out my finds from this weekend's yard-saling trip, all spruced up, waiting anxiously to move to their new home! And read on to see how Annie Sloan paint can breathe new life into just about anything.




































The Before Photos







I painted the tables with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in "Provence" and sealed both with clear wax.
 (You can buy the paint here in Rhode Island at Searose Cottage in Bristol.)

I buffed the lamp with a rag and a tiny bit of soft gold wax. Did I mention I LOVE turquoise and gold together? The lamp is too large for these tables but it will make a nice compliment somewhere else in the room.

I couldn't help myself - I had try out "Emperor's Silk" on the gilded frame. Once we decide where it needs to be hung it will likely get a small painting tucked inside.



Linking back to...
linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com
http://diyshowoff.com



Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Hi Dani,

    Thanks for the mention. You scored some great finds! Love the modern tables in Provence and the Emperor's Silk looks stunning. The gold on the lamp really brings the details to life. I love to see updates of more contemporary pieces and these are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! I love the product! I'm looking forward to trying some of the other colors and metallics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the turquoise tables and gold lamp and frame. Well...Everything!! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani,
    I am in love with those tables! A thrifting gal after my own heart!

    Couldn't find your email - would you shoot me an email at eclecticallyvintage@gmail.com. Have a question for you.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Just gorgeous. I just discovered the Annie Sloan paint myself. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all! I found you at DIY Show off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here from Coastal Charm, I LOVE those tables, and the color you chose is perfect! Now following you :)

    Tanya
    http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way the lamp turned out! Where did you get the gold wax?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's an Annie Sloan product. I only used the tiniest bit- it's fabulous! Nancy sells it at http://searosecottage.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those retro tables are such an awesome find! And your colors...turquoise, red and old gold scream summer chic! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love the transformation on your finds! Turquoise is one of my favorite colors, in fact, I painted my door turquoise last fall. I keep hearing everyone rave about the ASP. I've never tried it. Is it much easier to use than regular paint? Just wondering what is the great appeal of this paint. I'm a newbie when it comes to Annie Sloan.

    ReplyDelete